Best Practices for Teacher Chaperones
- Students are never unsupervised during excursions.
- Students are not permitted to leave the hotels at the conclusion of our day's activities
- Students will expect random room checks during "hotel free-time" by teachers
- Students must use the "buddy-system" when briefly departing from the group (for example, to use the restroom)
- Students who may need a rest for the day are supervised by a chaperone. No one is ever left behind alone.
- Students call their parents the moment we arrive in Hanoi so as to communicate our safe arrival.
At all times…
- Teachers carry color copies of passport photo identification of all travelers.
- Teachers carry health forms and first aid kit.
- Teachers carry a cell phone with international and domestic service.
By law, all hotels in Vietnam must collect guests' passports and lock them in the safe until check-out time. At the airports, teachers maintain passports in their possession, and collect them from students upon embarking the plane.
Our chartered bus is always locked and supervised by driver during our excursions for safekeeping of personal belongings.